Monday, June 15, 2009

HOT !!!!

Wow ! It has really been scorching for the last two weeks. The weatherman says no rain in immidiate sight, I am praying for a cooling off for all those who have to be in this heat. I cannot let my children play outside very long at a time because it is too hot for their little bodies to handle, they don't always understand or like what mom and dad say about things; but they will realize it all later.Heatstroke is a very real problem for everyone when weather gets like this so be on guard duty for yourself, family, friends, neighbors. If you see your neighbor looking way too hot, go check on them and ask them to sit in the shade or a c and have some cool tea or water; you may just save their life. Well, on a lighter note, there is still cooking to do even in a hot kitchen so check out the freeze dried foods that can be used for quicker cooking.Click here to visit Harmony House Foods, Inc. . They are great for camping and snack mixes with nutritional value and just great taste. Try them if you need to make a meal in a short time, you won't be dissapointed. Also something my children love to snack on are burrito sized tortillas with peanut butter and jelly or no jelly. They go great with a glass of milk or juice and can be used as a quick healthy lunch. Hope you got a useful tip, Blessings to you and yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have a quiltmaking and wood craft business with my husband and we are branching out into internet sales now. I have many hobbies that I enjoy. I am very blessed to be able to turn a hobby into a business, it is a slow process at first, but I know in God's time it will get established.